Reinstating the Visual: Aby Warburg’s Mnemosyne Atlas
The 2010/11 Transtechnology Research Seminar Series ‘Reinstating the Visual: Aby Warburg’s Mnemosyne Atlas’ began in October 2010. It follows on from the previous two series ‘Realism and its Discontents’ and ‘Technology, Mind and Contingency: Matter, Models and Metaphors’.
Each seminar will focus on a single panel of Warburg’s Mnemosyne Atlas and be led by researchers at Transtechnology Research. Each seminar leader will examine one selected image panel in relation to their ongoing research. In advance of each seminar a copy of the relevant Mnemosyne panel together with an abstract will be posted on the Transtechnology website and participants are expected to familiarise themselves with the context and detail of the particular panel and the background reading relevant to the seminar.
The seminars will take place in Portland Square, room B323, from 14.00 to 16.30 on the following dates:
- September. Business Meeting
- October 20, 2010. Michael Punt and Martha Blassnigg
- November 17, 2010. Rita Cachão
- December 15, 2010. Edith Doove
- January 19, 2011. Claudy Op den Kamp
- February 23, 2011. Joanna Griffin and David McConville
- March 23, 2011. Hannah Drayson
- April 20, 2011. Martyn Woodward
- May 11, 2011. Amanda Egbe
- June 15, 2011. Business Meeting