Professor Madalena Grimaldi is a visiting researcher at Transtechnology Research who has been working with us since March this year on visual deception, illusion and colour with a background in architecture and design. She is a Professor of Design and Vice Director designate of the School of Fine Arts at the Federal University Rio de Janeiro.
She will be presenting her recent research on The harmonic perception of contrasting colours
For this presentation she will deal with the following topics:
1. Colour Perception
2. Colour motion picture film
4. Chevreul’s Theory of Opposites
5. Complementary Colours – three different Approaches (Van Gogh – Seurat – Cezanne)
6. Screen and ink in the movies – The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain (Le fabuleux destin d’Amelie Poulain) influenced by the Brazilian painter Juarez Machado.
7. Illusion of colours – Conclusion